We feel that it is essential to state our beliefs clearly and plainly for all to see. We recognise that we are privileged to have a personal belief in a great God who cares for the whole world. We also recognise that this privilege carries responsibility and so our chief aims are to make Christ known to whoever, whenever and wherever possible.
We believe that we have the privilege and clear responsibility to share the gospel with others, which is God's way to communicate his love to man.
We believe the Bible specifies this gospel to be that;
- "Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that he appeared to more than 500 brethren at the same time." (I Cor 15:3-6)
- "Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, in order that he might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit." (I Peter 3:18)
- "Through Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses." (Acts 13:39)
- "He who believes has eternal life." (John 6:47)
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons of equal dignity and power Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4. Matthew 28:19. I Corinthians 8:6)
- We believe that the Bible is the divinely revealed, verbally inspired, authoritative word of God, without error as originally written and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct for Christians. (ll Timothy 3:16. ll Peter 1:21)
- We believe that man was created by and for God; that by disobeying God, he became a sinner and thereby incurred spiritual death which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all the human race are born in sin and are sinners by nature and practice; and that salvation is by faith in Christ only. (Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 3:9-20, 23, Acts 13:38-39, 4:12 , John 3:16)
- We believe in the resurrection of the just and the unjust, in eternal life for believers and in everlasting punishment for the lost. (I Thessalonians 416-18, Matthew 2531-46, Revelation II:15-17, 20:11-15, II Corinthians 5:1)
- We believe that the Church is a chosen company of believers and that it is the body of Christ, having been formed by the work of the Holy Spirit of all those who trust Christ as their Saviour. (I Corinthians 12:12-13, Ephesians 13-6).